Sunshine quilt

Sunshine quilt

Monday 30 December 2013

Quick knitting interlude



Just a quickie post to show you the Christmas dog coats I knitted. As you can see the dogs are big football fans with Kevin supporting Arsenal and Muttley following Burnley. The one without the coat is Wilf and I don't think he likes football ( He loves tennis balls though!!). He doesn't need a coat cos he wears his own black wetsuit all the time!

 I can recommend the pattern which we bought from ebay by Val Charman at Greyhounds4me. I adjusted the size a little - smaller for Muttley and bigger for Kevin, and doubled over the neck to make a slightly more substantial collar. The wool is used  double throughout ( I used Stylecraft basic double knitting) and it makes a really nice tough heavy fabric. Not sure how long either coat will last - you can probably see that both dogs had to be substantially bribed for a photo - Kevin especially wanted to play with his.

1 comment:

  1. The kids are adorable....and the coats, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!